You would think that a display about creativity would be the easiest thing to do. But how do you display flax weaving, metalwork, mosaics and other types of creative artworks in a cohesive way? The closer I got to the preparation day the more agitated I became.
I HAD NO IDEA!!! Absolutely no clue. But during a sleepless night, I got out my paper and pencil and started brainstorming. What – how – where….
Of course, the size and shape of your display board dictates for the most part what you can do. I still use the base of the dolphins (see Sea-Life display)
I didn’t want to get rid of it because it provides so much extra display space. The half-round shape of the top part gave me the idea of a tree. And from then on it was easy. The branches of the tree are designed to hang lovely artwork on and anything else that fits the theme.
Grass and flowers make it a real summer display and collecting arty
I bought some little things at a cheap shop but most of it I got from my own cabinet.
My partner’s daughter is very good at Origami and she made some lovely Origami flowers, birds, and butterflies. They are gorgeous!
What you need:
- Blue wrapping paper for the background. I used two different types. The normal wrapping paper for the bottom part of the board and a white clouded one for the top part.
- Green card symbolizing grass
- Mosaic images (Google images) printed on A3 and laminated for letters creativiTREE
- Image of the bark of a tree (Google images) printed on A3 and laminated (I used the image of one piece of bark for the whole tree, just cutting and pasting)
- Little pieces of artwork such as mosaics, beadwork, origami, flax kites, driftwood, little boxes, metalwork, wind chimes, you name it and you can use it.
What to do:
Cover the background with blue wrapping paper.
Cut small slices down three-quarters of the green card to symbolize waving grass.
Stick a couple of windmills behind the grass to symbolize flowers.
From laminated images of mosaics, I made the letters for creativiTREE. Staple these to the board
Now you can start adorning the tree. Staple the artworks to the board. I used a glue gun to paste the colored beads to the twigs as if the tree is flowering.
This is such a happy display. Not difficult to make and a joy of color and shapes.
Filed under: Admin Comments