Nā tō rourou, nā taku rourou
ka ora ai te iwi
- With your food basket and my food basket
the people will thrive
“For my part I know nothing with any certainty,
but the sight of the star makes me dream"
Vincent van Gogh
What you need:
- Books in different languages
- Dolls, groceries or items representing different cultures
- Copied images from a variety of countries
|Talofa. Afio Mai!||Vær så god||pishtaku|
What to do:
- Get your language teachers or HOD's in the right mood and beg, borrow or nick some items from their departments that represent countries, folklore and language…..
- Dust off that bottle of Menthe, shake out the Spanish dress or take that fur bull by the horns that has been on the shelf for month. Give it a new life!
How switching language can change your personality
……"It is known that people in general can switch between different ways of interpreting events and feelings – a phenomenon known as frame shifting. But researchers say their work shows that bilingual people that are active in two different cultures do it more readily, and that language is the trigger….." (source: Journal of Consumer Research)
Have fun with creating a multi-cultural display that represents the fantastic range of people, languages and cultural heritage. You can't make it tooooo wild!!!!