This display is a quick turnover from an existing one. Having not much time and wanting to do something different I used the previous set-up with some new additions. Going through my boxes with used materials I stumbled upon the butterflies. There is no happier display than one with flying beauties.
Colorful, happy and cheerful. The laminated images make the butterflies so much more vibrant and strong. And…… you can use them over and over again. Previously used in the display: ‘Floral art and flying beauties’ I’ve used them, again and again, to make other displays more attractive or
The existing background is from the display: ‘Pandora’s box’ with lots of boxes in different sizes on a black and gold background.
What you need:
- Laminated butterflies from your own books or from Google – Images (creative commons)
- Colorful boxes – ready bought or shoe boxes or carton boxes covered in your favorite colors
- Wrapping paper to your taste (you don’t need to follow my example – use your imagination and be bolt)
- Title – I used the one of the Floral art and flying beauties but it’s easy to make one from cart or a laminated one
- If you want to use the lanterns it might pay off to visit: ‘Pandora’s box’ display for a description of how to go about
What to do:
- Use the wrapping paper to cover the background
- Staple the boxes to the board. For an extensive description see: Pandora’s box’ display
- Staple the title to the board between the boxes or do as I did in this display and attach them to a box covered in wrapping paper and put to the topside of the display
- Attach the butterflies to the boxes and to the board. Make sure you give them movement by stapling them in a ‘wavy’ way. Let the caterpillars bulge or let the wings of the butterflies move by stapling under the wing (in an angle) to make them stand out from the board
- Get the books out on butterflies, bees or insects and place them on the stands
Stand back and have a look at your display……
Be creative and use this example as an idea to make your own display! Send me your photos and I’m more than happy to put it on this website.
A vibrant display with lots of possibilities to cheer up a library or class