There are moments that you have to make yourself happy…..
A display on Exam preparation is, to me, not exactly the most exciting topic, or to say it plain….it doesn’t rock my waka (:-)
To give myself a great time and do a proper job I decided to create a display that would show joy as well as covering the serious topic of studying for an exam and showing our students books on how to manage their stress
What you need:
- 3 Styrofoam heads
- Fabric – I used fabric from previous displays and even a piece of fishing net
- Motivational quotes from Google – Creative Commons
- Printed light bulbs (Google)
- Bubble wrap (who hasn’t a pile in a cabinet?)
- Shredded paper (mailroom or where the shredder is)
- Cardboard boxes in different sizes and wrapped in paper
- 3 Chopsticks
What to do:
- Cover a pedestal or carton box with bubble wrap. Leave spaces open at the top so you can push the shredded paper into the openings. Staple the top if you have added the shredded paper.
- Look in your cabinet of boxes for pieces of fabric that you can use as headcover. Be creative and bold, the most unusual fabric could make a great cover. If it makes you smile it makes your customers smile…..
- Use styrofoam heads (or create laminated ones by using Google) and staple fabric to the top part. For one head I used fishing netting as a creative hairdo and it makes me smile every time I look at it
- Put the heads on the pedestal or box and secure them with tape stapled to the box or pedestal. Attach a laminated light bulb to a chopstick and stick it on top or to the side of the head to create an ‘Aha, we’re seeing the light’ moment
- Cover the neck of the heads with bubble wrap. Start with the perimeter so you can fill it with shredded paper or fabric or whatever you want to use without it spilling from the sides. Staple the bubble wrap to the neck to make sure the paper inside is secured
Filed under: Education