To show our pride and give attention to our winning Olympians I created a medal-winning board in the middle of the library. Every day I saw students walking in front of the board watching the photos of their heroes, following their progress and in some cases enjoying the medal(s) around their neck.
What you need:
- Google images Olympic medals
- enlarged Olympic images (ancient or recent pictures)
- coloured paper – card
- gold, silver and bronze coloured wrapping paper
- photos athletes from Olympic websites
- blu-tack/stapler/tape/guillotine/scissors/ruler/glue stick
What to do:
For the bottom part I copied the Olympic rings and followed the same procedure as above but to give it a bit more New Zealand feeling I pasted New Zealand logos in the circles. You can do that with your own country as well. The ancient shot putter and running athlete represented the historic significance.
Seeing the smiling faces of the athletes in a row on the board, some of them even with two medals, made us all feel so proud.