To show our pride and give attention to our winning olympians I created a medal winning board in the middle of the library. Often I saw students walking in front of the board watching the photos of he athletes and enjoying the medal(s) around their neck
What you need:
- Google images Olympic medals
- enlarged Olympic images (ancient or recent pictures)
- coloured paper – card
- gold, silver and bronze coloured wrapping paper
- photos athletes from Olympic websites
- blu-tack/stapler/tape/guillotine/scissors/ruler/glue stick
What to do:
For the bottom part I copied the Olympic rings and followed the same procedure as above but to give it a bit more New Zealand feeling I pasted New Zealand logos in the circles. The ancient shot putter and running athlete represented the historic significance.
Seeing the smiling faces of the athletes in a row on the board, some of them even with two medals, made us all feel so proud.
To view larger images of displays click on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gr8displays/