There are 6 main types of personalities
· Likes to work with animals, tools, or machines; generally avoids social activities like teaching, healing, and informing others
· Sees him or herself as practical, mechanical, and realistic
Likes mechanical and realistic displays. Wheels, (ticking) clocks, engines, buildings, tools, cars, boats, bridges. Likes to see lines and images that are connected. Trees and plants with leaves or larger animals like cows/horses or birds that can be seen around the house. Recognisable/Predictable. Colours not too dark or bright.
· Likes to study and solve math or science problems; generally avoids leading, selling, or persuading people · Sees self as precise, scientific, and intellectual
Likes numbers, puzzles, wordplays, scientific displays, astronomy and problems solving displays. The displays need to be very tidy and clear. This type likes large images, straight lines, pastel colours but also likes to be surprised with unexpected images, hidden messages and creative text or puns. A 3D display is the display for the investigative type
· Likes to do creative activities like art, drama, crafts, dance, music, or creative writing; generally avoids highly ordered or repetitive activities
· Sees self as expressive, original, and independent
The wilder the better. Hidden messages, flowers//butterflies/colourful people, bright colours, the unexpected, songs, puns, poetry, suggestive and extravagant are very much appreciated. Wants to be challenged and surprised. This type appreciates the unexpected, the ‘genie out of the bottle.’
· Likes to do things to help people — like, teaching, nursing, or giving first aid, providing information; generally avoids using machines, tools, or animals to achieve a goal · Sees self as helpful, friendly, and trustworthy
Light colours, familiar images, good purpose displays, people of kind and culture, children, fundraising. Not too wild or suggestive. Message can be a bit hidden because the social type is curious and likes to find out what is going on. It will take time to study the display and read the smaller lines.
· Likes to lead and persuade people, and to sell things and ideas; generally avoids activities that require careful observation and scientific, analytical thinking · Sees self as energetic, ambitious, and sociable
Larger images, short text, colours don’t matter as long as the message is clear. Upward images like towers and high rise buildings or giraffes and eagles. Aeroplanes and racing cars, sportsmen or powerful animals like lions and tigers. This type doesn’t take the time to read heaps of small text and will see what you have to say at one glance.
· Likes to work with numbers, records, or machines in a set, orderly way; generally avoids ambiguous, unstructured activities · Sees self as orderly, and good at following a set plan
Tidy images neatly stapled. Even smaller text will be carefully read. This type likes images of streets/highways, trains and railroads, houses or books in a row or people in orderly groups. Repetition. Pastel and darker colours. Not curious but wants to know what to expect at first sight. Unusual shapes and unconventional images are not appreciated.